So these red and yellow demos are up on eBay (second picture) and I just wanted to post because I question their authenticity a little bit. You can look at pics of the ones I have and ones my friend has (all of which were bought from people who lived in and around Calgary and who bought them directly from T&S in the late 90’s) and make up your own mind. My reasons for questioning the authenticity are:
1. The yellow one looks downright neon. Never seen one that color before. Compare to the other two yellow ones.
2. The labels are too pristine. As you can see, most of the ones I’ve seen have wrinkled and worn a bit…and the wrinkling has happened from age regardless of the fact that they were well taken care of.
3. If you zoom in on the pics on eBay, the actual print on the labels is much blurrier than on the ones I have; they look like they’ve been copied. To see my pics in big on Flickr, go here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/wojo4hitz/244i5R
4. The red one doesn’t have the contact number on it like mine does (though that could be a different printing or something).
5. I asked the seller where and when he got them and he didn’t answer other than “a long time ago.”
6. The signatures don’t look quite right to me either…they don’t look like their typical scribbles (especially Tegan’s) but look like they’ve been carefully and deliberately replicated. (Again I could be wrong about that, but it’s just my perception from seeing them sign thousands of things over the years.) The Sara signature on my red one is allegedly from 1998, which could explain why it looks different from her current signature, and I don’t know why you’d fake one signature and not the other so I *think* it’s real, but hey, I wasn’t there!
Sooooo anyway… just wanted someone to think twice before spending $600… I could be wrong about all of this, and I know the auction ends in a few hours, but yeah. That’s my PSA for the day.